Sign up to be the first to know about all our latest products.
Challenge time– with prizes!
It’s probably no surprise to most of you that blogging is not my favorite thing to do. As evidenced by my lack of blog posts! I would much rather be designing than writing. But I have something special to share with you all and it totally deserves an awesome blog post so I will do my best.
This challenge/contest will hopefully help you get into a more creative frame of mind and encourage you to use patterns you already have to come up with something new. Also known as a mash-up!
One of my favorite testers and bloggers, Rachel Ring of Handcrafted by RED, did this very thing with the Mallory Dress pattern. She took the skirt and back bodice and turned the crossover front into a regular bodice and then left off the hood to make a skater dress. A super simple change but really puts a whole new spin on the pattern. As a little bonus I’ve drafted and graded a new bodice so you can do the same thing! Love Notions Mallory Dress Skater Bodice Add-on. You will need the Mallory Dress pattern to use this bodice. And good news if you haven’t already purchased it– now through the end of the month the Mallory Dress pattern is on sale for 30% off (no coupon needed)!
So here’s the challenge:
Using the Mallory Dress pattern as the base, add your own spin to create a new design! There will be a panel of judges who will pick the best idea. The winner will receive the first prize package as well as have their take on the Mallory digitized and graded and added into the Mallory pattern for past and future purchasers (the winner can opt out of this if they wish). For example, if you came up with a new hood style I would digitize that and grade it for all the sizes offered in the Mallory Dress and I will make a blog post as an add-on to the Mallory Dress.
Feel free to make your design for girls or boys!
How to participate:
- Use some part of the Mallory Dress pattern in your design. Any other pattern pieces you use must either be your own creation or from other Love Notions patterns.
- Share your creation on your Facebook page, group, Pinterest, Instagram and/or blog. Tag your post with #LoveNotionsmashup. In the post include what Love Notions patterns you used and if you added your own pattern piece(s).
- Link up your creation here in this post (see the little blue button at the end of this post). In the link title note what Love Notions pattern(s) you used to create your design. Contest runs from this Friday the 16th through the end of the month.
- If you’ve already made something from the Mallory Dress previously, feel free to add it to the contest!
And here’s the part you’ve all been waiting for- the prizes!
- First Prize: Gift certificate to Pink Zeppelin Fabrics fabric shop, $25 gift certificate to FairytaleFrocks & Lollipops pattern shop, choice of two patterns from Love Notions & get your design added to the Mallory pattern (you can opt out of this if you wish)!
- Second Prize: Gift certificate to Cuddle Muffins Fabrics, choice of one pattern from Love Notions
- Third Prize: Gift certificate to KNITorious Fabric, choice of one pattern from Love Notions
[inlinkz_linkup id=486133 mode=1]