The Ballad Blouse pdf instant downloadable pattern contains:
- The Ballad Blouse pdf sewing pattern is a woven button up blouse with shirred or gathered detail options. A full bust piece is included.
- Five sleeve options are included, sleeveless, puff, flutter, bishop, and short sleeve with cuff.
- Included is a print chart to only print the pages you need for your style choice.
- A projector file is included for those using projector technology
- 2 pages of inspiration photos from pattern testers
- Cutting guide
- A videos demonstrating how to shirr and do the burrito roll method.
- Bright and clear step by step illustrations
- Optimized for most tablets with links to each part of the pattern. Print only the pattern pieces and use a tablet or computer to read the instructions to save on ink and paper!
- This pattern has the ability to print just desired size(s) and in addition, features trimless pattern assembly! Open the PDF in Adobe, select the layer thumbnail on the left-hand menu and then select the size(s) to print. See this tutorial for more information.
- Designed for both letter and A4 paper printing.
- Because we value work at home business, feel free to use this pattern in your home sewing businesses.
Peggy Eagan (verified owner) –
The Ballad Blouse pattern is easier to sew than it appears. All the pieces fit together exactly. The blouse is very comfortable and flattering when finished. The V neck opening is not too low so it’s not revealing. I made the puffed sleeve version and did find I had to take in the bottom circumference of the sleeve as it seemed a little wide on me, but that could be a personal preference. Overall a very cute top.
lemdas (verified owner) –
I love this top! It is so much fun to make–don’t be intimidated by the shirring, it’s really easy. So far I’ve made 2; both with the flutter sleeve option. I’m planning to make the bishop sleeve next. Get it you won’t be sorry!
Brianne (verified owner) –
This was a lot easier of a sew than I thought it was going to be. The fit on this top is great and it’s beautiful on. I’ve made the flutter sleeve option. Can’t wait to make my next one!
dmschindlbeck (verified owner) –
I love this blouse! I made mine from a rayon challis. It has such beautiful drape! I was a bit intimidated by this pattern but I took my time and it turned out beautifully. I can’t wait to make another version. And there are so many versions!
FrenchieMom (verified owner) –
This sounded so hard until the video showed the way. I’m making my first from cotton lawn with the bishop sleeve and can’t believe I’m actually making something this beautiful. Can’t wait to make this in a rayon challis!
Shirley Jarrett (verified owner) –
I just bought this pattern in the sale & whipped it up in an evening in a cotton jersey, another winner! Love it!
Sue Crook (verified owner) –
This pattern fits so well. The finished product is just perfect made in a rayon challis. I feel good when I wear it.
Kim Field (verified owner) –
This is my favorite button down top pattern. It’s dressy enough to look nice at work, but comfortable enough that I wear it all day.
Krystal Kerr (verified owner) –
This pattern is fabulous! The directions are great and so easy to follow! The video on your YouTube channel was super helpful to learn shirring as well
jeri59834 (verified owner) –
I’ve made this in a crinkle rayon and not my favorite fabric. Love this pattern though! Can’t wait to make it in my newest Liberty fabric. Such a nice, comfortable blouse.
Kim*** (verified owner) –
This is a beautiful top and my friend was stunned when I said I made it! While I am a confident beginner, I thought this might be a step up for me – but as always with LN patterns, the instructions are superb. And so many options! 🙂
susiethebeau10 (verified owner) –
Love your patterns. Especially this one. This has got me back into sewing after many many years. So easy to follow, print and make! 5 stars all the way around
Vicki Mullis (verified owner) –
I made a sleeveless with eyelet that I absolutely love. My friend loved it so much she made me make her one. She says it is her favorite top!! Great pattern!!
odyjimg (verified owner) –
I have made the Ballad four times!! The fit is great, and love it in very flowing fabrics. It is in my list of makes this summer.
Kristi Craft (verified owner) –
Love my Ballad blouse. I learned how to make shirring for my version. It is well drafted and didn’t have to make many pattern adjustments. It is a very flattering style with the curved hem. I definitely recommend it.
Marie Kennedy (verified owner) –
Love this top, so different with the smocking detail. Will make more for sure!
Kristi (verified owner) –
Definitely one of my favorite LN patterns! So far, I’ve made a sleeveless and flutter sleeve. Looking forward to making more!
deblabounty (verified owner) –
I’m so happy with the Ballad blouse I made! It was easy to figure out the right size using the sizing chart, and everything came together easily. The French seams instructions resulted in a lovely inside finish, which I love. Although the fabric I chose resulted in a dressy look. I’ve paired it with jeans and casual linen pants and I feel so pretty when I wear it. Highly recommend this pattern!